There is nothing quite like a delicious Mexican meal. Its probably one of my favourite cuisines, all the salsa, and guacamole, how could you go wrong.
Gearing up for a semi Whole30 tomorrow, I thought I would get into the swing of things before I kicked off, so for the last couple of days I have been semi Whole30’ing. I have spent this weekend before going back to work tomorrow preparing for the week ahead, a big grocery shop next weekend and lots of different meals to try.
Dinner tonight was a recipe from the lovely realmomkitchen.com .
Doing the Whole30 thing, we didn’t have tortillas, and I cut back on the spices because hubby isn’t a spicy food kinda guy.
So here is what I did…
– 500g Lean Chicken breast, sliced.
– 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted.
– 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder.
– 1 1/2 Tsp Cumin.
-1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder.
– 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano.
– 1 can Diced Organic Tomatoes.
– 1 medium size Capsicum, chopped.
– 1 medium brown Onion, sliced.
Toppings – Tomato Salsa, Guacamole.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Place sliced chicken strips into a bowl, combine with oil, chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well (Use your hands, as long as they are clean, this way you are able to get the spices all over the chicken)
3. Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle over the sliced onion, and capsicum. Pour over can of tomato and give it a little mix.
4. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I served ours with cos lettuce leaves and the salsa and guacamole.
Here is the recipe for the Tomato salsa, and Guacamole.. Enjoy.